WABCO is a leading global supplier of technologies and control systems for the safety and efficiency of commercial vehicles. Founded nearly 150 years ago, WABCO continues to pioneer breakthrough mechanical, mechatronic and electronic technologies for braking, stability and transmission automation systems supplied to the world’s leading commercial truck, bus and trailer manufacturers.
With 11,000 employees (1,650 engineers) in 34 countries and sales of $2.7 billion in 2013, WABCO has evolved its unique culture of innovation and diversity to meet customer needs across the world by leveraging local talents and knowledge into a global environment of collaboration.
WABCO employees thrive in a culture of innovation and diversity as our goal is that our technologies, products and services meet customer needs in both developed and emerging markets. Our commercial, engineering and manufacturing operations span the globe.
Three strategic differentiators anchor WABCO’s global success: Technology Leadership, Globalization and Excellence in Execution
- Technology Leadership – Pioneering technologies has defined WABCO for the last several decades. Our leadership is rooted in unique capabilities to develop the overwhelming majority of our industry’s breakthroughs in safety and efficiency systems for trucks, buses and trailers. WABCO technologies also help the industry to respond to increasing government regulations around the world for safer and more efficient commercial vehicles on the road.
- Globalization – WABCO is globalizing constantly by growing, leveraging and optimizing our network of capabilities in manufacturing, sourcing and engineering. This translates into increased speed, adaptability, quality and lower cost structures that benefit our customers around the world. WABCO develops local teams to lead our business in every region. Two-thirds of WABCO’s manufacturing takes place in best-cost countries; over one-third of our engineers are now based in emerging countries.
- Excellence in Execution – The accelerating globalization of the commercial vehicle industry underscores why excellence in execution is central to WABCO’s continued success. It calls for more than technology; it demands continuous change. Our response is to transform how we do business through an integrated operating system: change management involving all employees; organizational development across the value chain; long term customer partnerships; fast and flexible product development, and Six Sigma Lean processes from suppliers to customers.
WABCO has a passion to constantly increase value to our customers. Our distinctive strategy combines technology leadership, global expansion and excellence in execution. It drives our focus to continuously provide customers with products, services and solutions that reflect their values and match their needs, helping to respond to growing global demands on our industry.
- Today’s economic climate and development are driving increasing demand for more goods and services in developed countries and emerging economies alike. As global commerce evolves, so does the demand for more commercial vehicles to transport people and products.
- In addition, regulatory requirements around the world are placing increasing demands on the commercial vehicle industry – for improved road safety as well as reduced vehicle emissions.
The teams at the center of WABCO’s customer values strategy are dedicated to addressing these, and other challenges, facing the commercial vehicle industry. By harnessing our expertise and capabilities through focused, customer value teams, we are actively leading technological innovations that are critical to the industry’s future development.
WABCO also supports the commercial vehicle industry through a comprehensive range of aftermarket services. Through our global network of service partners, diagnostics capabilities, advanced fleet management services, remanufacturing solutions and diverse training programs, we help fleet owners and vehicle operators to enhance the safety and sustain the efficiency of their vehicles on the road.