Exide batteries have been made and distributed for over 75 years and are widely available through select major retailers throughout Australia and New Zealand. Our next generation of products have been designed specifically to meet local conditions.
Whenever your see Exide Batteries, you can be assured of quality, technology and reliability. Exide's battery range covers all types of applications including car, 4WD, light commercial, truck, cycling, marine and motorcycle to name just a few. No matter whether you want to fit yourself, or get an expert to do it for you, go for the trusted name that delivers ever reliable starting power and unsurpassed performance in every way - Exide Batteries, everything starts with an Exide Battery.
- 1891 - Chloride Electrical Storage Company Ltd, UK founded
- 1905 - Chloride exported batteries to Australia under the Exide brand
- 1930 - Chloride commenced manufacturing in Australia in Leichardt, Sydney
- 1948 - Dunlop established a green-fields battery manufacturing facility in Sandringham, Victoria
- 1982 - Dunlop established the new Pulsar battery plant at Geelong, Victoria
- 1986 - Dunlop acquired Chloride Batteries Australia & New Zealand and amalgamated both battery companies
- 1987 - Dunlop acquired GNB Technologies USA
- 1989 - The battery division consolidated manufacturing operations into Elizabeth, South Australia
- 1994 - The company changed its name from Pacific Dunlop Batteries to GNB Technologies
- 1995 - Purchased Australian Battery Company to expand its distribution
- 2000 - Pacific Dunlop sold its battery division to Exide Technologies USA
- 2010 - Joined as major partner to the 'Australian Made' campaign
- 2011 - Presented with the Toyota Presidents Award for Design Innovation
- 2013 - MP Australia P/L purchased the transportation business from Exide Technologies
- 2014 - Next Generation Exide product launched featuring Ap9 and 2XT technology with industry first 'customer for life' warranty program.